Welcome to the PRAISE web site. Please click on the NEWS section to find out about upcoming PRAISE events and other functions pertaining to special education in the bay area.
PRAISE is a group of Piedmont parents who support and provide information for fellow parents of special needs children. We also work collaboratively with the Piedmont Unified School District.
The mission of PRAISE is to promote awareness, understanding, and appreciation of learning differences among students, educators, administrators, parents, and the community; advocacy of student needs; professional development for educators; and financial support for relevant programs.
In our continuing effort to strengthen our partnership with PUSD, PRAISE has donated over $100,000 in support of Special Education. With the help of the community, PRAISE will increase funding to PUSD in 2011-2012 for needs identified by PUSD and parents, including:
- Staff development for general education and special education teachers to promote Inclusion
- Training in differentiated instructional strategies
- Materials that provide access to the curriculum for students with learning differences including Assistive Technology
- Behavioral intervention training and programs
- Programs that foster social development skills
Our special education students range from preschool through high school and beyond and receive a wide range of services appropriate to individual needs including speech therapy and pragmatics; reading, math, and writing support; special day classes; occupational therapy; adaptive physical education; social skills; adaptive technologies; and more.
PRAISE welcomes your participation in our quarterly informational programs and our community and board activities.
Please join us!
To donate to PRAISE:
- Make checks out to PRAISE & mail to: PRAISE, 318 Blair Ave., Piedmont, 94611; or
- Return your check at school registrations or back-to-school coffees; or
- Donate online through the PHS online registration!
PRAISE is a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit organization. Donations at this time are not tax deductable.
Please note: PRAISE is in the process of reinstating its nonprofit status. It is expected that the nonprofit status will be reinstated by August 1, 2012. Donations at the upcoming Fall Registration will be tax deductable.